These apply to film submissions. When you submit your film you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions, rules and legal information that are all set in this page.
– You are fully aware and agree that it is the responsibility of the submitter and film-maker to ensure that material in the submitted film does not contain copyrighted material that has not been cleared. You also further declare that any license or copyrighted material in your film has been paid for and correctly attributed and you are fully aware and agree that this is your responsibility, as submitter, owner, producer or creator of this film.
– As the person submitting the film, you hereby acknowledge and declare, that you are the film-maker or the person authorised to submit the film on behalf of the owner of the film or on the behalf or with express permission and authorization from the director/producer and any other person involved in the film.
– You are fully aware and agree that your film does not include content that can be seen as racist, homophobic, sexist, pornographic or religious in nature, or containing material that can be seen as defamation against anybody or any organizations.
– You are fully aware and agree that in order to be considered for screening, you ensure that your submission is not available for viewing in its entirety for free elsewhere online (ie. youtube, vimeo, dailymotion etc) and that it is not being screened elsewhere in the same city (Leeds) within the same year.
– You are fully aware and agree that we make no claims or guarantees with regards to our internal process of selection, and that upon submission, the festival, the venue, its staff, supporters and its organizers are under no obligation to feedback, comment or provide additional information on the viewing of your submission by the festival and its organizers.
– You are fully aware and agree that the festival, the venue, its staff, supporters and its organizers are under no obligation to provide refunds for any submission fees paid – this applies to all submitted films, irrespective of submission or acceptance status.
– You are fully aware,agree and authorize that upon acceptance of your film submission, you waiver any fees, and hereby grant without reservations or conditions, the right for the festival, the venue, its staff, supporters, and its organizers to use your film (including previews, stills, titles, footage) for screening, including for promotional purposes, and in touring programmes and / or as part of screenings that may occur before or after official festival dates, and for the festival to issue publicity about the film in its every form and likeness, biography and information. You are also fully aware and agree that upon acceptance, online viewing of your film must be temporarily disabled until after the festival.
– You are fully aware and agree that the screening / exhibition or use of your film in whatever format (footage, stills, trailers, teasers,description titles) for whatever reasons (which includes promotional, publicity, screening, social media) by the festival, its staff, supporters, the venue and organizers, does not and will not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, privacy, property, person or organisation.
– You are fully aware and agree that your film was submitted voluntarily by yourself or somebody you have authorized to do so, and, you are fully aware and agree that your film, regardless of selection status, will be subject to local authority licensing and that the festival, its staff, supporters, the venue and organizers cannot promise or be obligated to screen or exhibit your work.
– You are fully aware and agree that when accepted, the festival screens your film as is, from the file that you have provided and is not responsible or obligated for improving the lighting, sound, subtitles or make technical amends from the original file provided. You are also fully aware and agree that the festival is unable to accept last minute file replacements.
– You are fully aware and agree that the festival can contact you from the information you have provided in your submission to inform you of submission decisions, updates and other relevant festival-related activity which may includes publicity, announcements and marketing. Further, you are aware that you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided.
– You are fully aware and agree that upon submission, you waiver your right to make a claim or any legal proceedings against the festival, the venue, its service providers, supporters or its organizers, pertaining to your submission, the selection, the promotional and publicity processes, the organization of the festival, screening times and any other aspect of your involvement or connection with the festival.
– You are fully aware and agree, on the behalf of yourself and the submitters or owners of the submitted film that the festival, the venue, its staff, supporters, service providers and its organizers are not responsible or liable for any damage, expenses, losses, liabilities, legal fees that may arise before or after submission, regardless of acceptance status, before or after the event, and whether or not in connection with your involvement with the festival. You further agree to hold harmless the festival, its staff, supporters, service providers, the venue and organizers against against any claims, whether the claim if made by yourself or any other person, in connection with your involvement with the festival.
– You understand, are fully aware and agree that No/Gloss film festival, the venue, organizers reserve the right to reject or delay submissions for whatever reasons, and the right to amend, these terms, rules and legal information set out in this page at any time.